These Conditions explain the rights, obligations and responsibilities of both Handbag Clinic and you, the Customer, in relation to the Services to be provided by Handbag Clinic. Some words in this policy have special meanings, which are explained in Part 2, under the heading MEANING OF WORDS. Whenever these words are shown in bold type, they have these special meanings; otherwise, they have their ordinary everyday meaning.
A third party company that we use to deliver your Items.
The value of the item in its pre-work condition.
Full Item Value
The value of the item as stated on the Order Confirmation.
Handbag, purse or other items of leather, fabric or suede booked for Service.
£20,000. The maximum amount we will pay, per Item, if it is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
A Handbag Clinic document detailing the Items You have booked in and the Service to be carried out on them. This document details the any/ possible problems or restrictions.
The cleaning, repair or restoration of Your Items.
The owner of the Item booked for Our Service.
An Item booked in for Our Services is only classed as a firm order when paid in full by the You, prior to any Work being carried out. You will be given an Order Confirmation, either in store or by email, please make sure You carefully read this and inform Us of any changes you would like made within 24 hours of placing the order. We do not guarantee that such a change will be possible.
We guarantee our labour and material for 12 months from the day Your Item is collected/delivered.
5. PRICING & PAYMENT
All prices quoted are inclusive of the standard rate of VAT unless explicitly stated otherwise. Wereserve the right to increase the price of the order where You request a change to the work to be carried-out
When we have finished the Work on your Item(s) we will contact you to notify you of delivery or collection. For delivery;
· We shall deliver the Item(s) to the location specified on the Order Confirmation.
· We reserve the right to charge you for re-delivery of any item which has been returned to us by the Couriers as undelivered where you have failed to take delivery
· We will give you an approximate delivery date and will not be held responsible for any delays as a result of factors outside of Our control.
· Delivery charges may apply to items returned to the customer, even if no Services are carried-out.
· We take no responsibility for any items lost or damaged that are not within our care or the care of our Couriers.
· We reserve the right not deliver any Item until payment has been received.
The length of time required to properly carry out Our Services can vary from a couple of days to two or three months. The variation is down to the type of Service required.
· The removal of ink stains, grease stains and the darkening of handles will take several months to complete. This is due to the cleaning process required to fix these problems and is carried out daily over this time period.
· Any alteration to timescales due to changes to the order which have been requested by the Customer, later than 24 hours from the date on the Order Confirmation, will not be deemed a delay.
Whilst your Item(s) is in our care you are insured up to the Full Item Value, Depreciated Value or our Maximum Liability, whichever is the lesser, minus the cost of our Services. This is to cover you should your Item(s) become lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair. Items in our care are;
· Any Item currently having our services carried out, or waiting for our services to be carried out, after payment.
· Any Item in transit with our Couriers.
· Any Item waiting for You to collect from Us will be in our care for a maximum period of 90 days.
· Any Item your leave in our shop(s) or post to us will be held in our care for a maximum period of 90 days and will only be deemed in our care when we acknowledge receiving it.
As standard your item/s will be available for collection or standard delivery up to 90 days of the repair/restoration work being completed. After this time your item/s will be placed into a secure storage facility and a charge of £14.95 will apply to have your item returned to you.
We will hold an item for a maximum of 12 months from the date the repair/restoration work has been completed. Items not claimed with in 12 months of the repair work being completed may be disposed of.
We will contact the email address provided to inform you that your item is ready for collection and when your item is being placed into storage. Please ensure your email address is correct at the time of booking in and inform us of any changes
As a cleaning, repair & restoration service any Items are sent to us in a damaged and devalued state.
We will not be held liable for;
· any damage to, or defect in, an item which we have not been contracted to Work on.
· delays or failures which are due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
· failed repairs due to inherent problems within the material or structure of the item.
· ‘loss of value’ against manufacturer original models after the service has been carried-out.
· any other part of a set that theItem may have been part of, and we will only be liable for the Item.
· any damage which is not related to or caused by our Services.
· for any Item which suffers damage by Our Service, whereby the manufacturer’s instructions have been adhered to.
· Whilst we employ industry standard techniques and proprietary materials, we do not warrant use of, or employment of, manufacturer original materials or processes. Where original materials are not available, parts and colours will be matched as closely as possible to the original – or to the agreed specification (such as colour matched to a particular part of the Item).
· The Order Confirmation lists all Items we will be responsible for. We will not be held liable for the loss or damage of any accessories, such as dust bags, locks, credit cards etc. that are not listed on the Order Confirmation.
· If an item is repaired to a reasonably satisfactory standard no liability will be accepted for depreciation in value.
You must notify us of any problem or complaint you have with the workmanship on the Item(s) within seven days of you receiving or collecting the Item(s). If you notice a mark, stain or blemish that is on the Item and was not listed on the Order Confirmation you must notify us of this within 24 hours or receiving or collecting the Item.
· Where there is a dispute over the detail of the work carried-out, the record on our ordering system is taken as the firm and final order.
· We cannot accept returns or requests for refunds on the basis of the customer’s change of heart.
· We cannot accept returns or requests for refunds where a change to an order had been requested and that change could not be fulfilled.
· All materials you supplied to us for use in completing the order shall be free of charge for our use and we shall return any surplus materials to you on completion of the order. We accept no liability for their suitability and will not be liable for any damage or defect to/in the item caused by or arising from the use of them.
· We will not be liable for any damage to - or deterioration of/in - the item resulting from use or application of inappropriate products or inappropriate use/misuse of the Item following delivery of the order.
· Where you are clearly at fault, we will endeavour to repair and/or alter the Item to your satisfaction at your cost.
· Where we are clearly at fault, we will endeavour to repair and/or alter the Item to your satisfaction at our cost. At all times, this will be the first course of action. Where the item must be returned to us for this purpose, we will reimburse your costs of dispatch as evidenced by a valid receipt/invoice.
· Any claim settled will be on the condition that it is accepted by the customer as full and final settlement.
· We do not guarantee the removal of any stains. Linings that are heavily soiled may be difficult to clean satisfactorily.
· The basic price of cleaning does not include the removal of heavy or ingrained stains.
· If a stain cannot be removed, we will match the colour of the bag and apply a coat of colour over the stain to hide it. This process is only possible on leather and cannot be done on suede, nubuck, canvas or fabric. This service is not included within the price of cleaning.
· Suede/Nubuck - some types of stains may not be removable. Because of the nature of the material, significant betterment may not be possible.
· Please note that adhesives, defects and faults which were previously camouflaged in manufacture may become more apparent after the cleaning process, and although every care is taken, we cannot always disguise natural flaws or totally remove adhesives, or other techniques employed by the manufacturer. All items are therefore only accepted by us for cleaning at your own risk.
· With age, leather handbags can become worn and discoloured. The dirt on the bag can sometimes hide this wear & tear and our cleaning process can expose it. If this happens you will be notified and offered to upgrade your service to restore the colour to these areas. It is not our cleaning process that has caused this damage and so we will not be liable for it.
· After applying some of our services to your handbag, the texture may slightly change from the original. The worse the damage is, the more of our products need to be applied and so the more the texture might change. During our processes we make every effort possible to restore an item to how it originally was
· When leather becomes dirty, it can develop a shine. After cleaning leather and removing the dirt this shine is also removed. This is not a negative as it is restores the leather to how it originally was. We accept no liability for a complaint in such circumstances. The shine can be increased on leather with additional services if required.
· When restoring a full item of leather we will match the colour to the most original part of the item, this is usually found on the inside of a pocket, the inside of the item or in any area that has not been or had little exposure to sunlight and wear & tear. We will match to such an area unless a different area is documented at the booking in stage.
· When restoring the colour to only part of an item we will match the colour to the surrounding area to help it blend in better. We will always clean the full item before doing this to help equalise the colour as best as possible. However, if some leathers are also worn in other areas our process may highlight these areas further.
We reserve the right to make changes to our terms & conditions at any stage without prior notice.