What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Google, Facebook and Microsoft on behalf of Handbag Clinic Ltd, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website and for us provide the best service possible to our users;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes, including affiliate marketing networks.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Handbag Clinic Ltd to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable us meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product or service is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.