On August the 19th we celebrated in honour of our favourite fashion icon, Co Co Chanel’s birthday. Each store served Champagne and Cupcakes to all of our customers as they browsed our range of Chanel bags.
We had an amazing range of bags in stores, everything from the Cambon to the Classic and a range of colours and sizes. Customer’s loved the event and said “I love the idea of celebrating Chanel; my favourite is the Classic Chanel 2.55 but I have fallen in love with some of the vintage and seasonal styles I have seen in store today”.
Here are 5 facts about the amazing, sassy and fabulous Co Co Chanel in honour of her birthday.
1. She was born Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel on August 19, 1883 in Saumur, France. CoCo regularly claimed she was actually born 10 years after that date.
2. Co Co Chanel’s life did not start out glamorous, after her mother’s death she was placed in an orphanage by her farther and raised by Nun’s who taught her to sew. This time in her life is part of the inspiration being the iconic 2.55.
3. Chanel was a singer for a brief amount of time and it is claimed her nick name was given to her by the soldiers she sang for because of two of the songs she regularly sang. Although Chanel claims that her nick name CoCo comes from a shortened version of “cocotte”, the French word for kept woman.
4. Although CoCo Chanel regularly had a man by her side she never married and was a fierce independent woman claiming “I never wanted to weigh more heavily on a man than a bird.” After meeting the duke of Westminster aboard his yacht around 1923, the two started a relationship that would last ten years. But in response to his marriage proposal, she is rumoured to have said “Everyone marries the Duke of Westminster. There are a lot of duchesses, but only one Coco Chanel!”
5. She loved to see women succeed in business and it is claimed she designed the famous ‘Chanel suit’ for women to encouraged women to pursue their professional goals in style. In 1938 she retired from the fashion business with a string of success behind her. However, 16 years later she made a determined comeback. It is claimed she did this as she was “fed up” at seeing French fashion become dominated by men.
More News and Events...
The vibe was set at Handbag Clinic recently with our big “Sneak peek shopping event”, Glasses clinking, the music playing and the full store a buzz with the excitement of handbag lovers everywhere….
The festive season is approaching and here at Handbag Clinic we wanted to kick it all off with an extra special event, lots of designer preloved handbags and exclusive offers were set across all our stores ( Chelsea, Leeds and Newcastle).
The Only Looks You Need to Know!
The big trends are already hitting the streets with the fashion elite strutting the walk ways, turning heads and inspiring us here at Handbag Clinic!!
Introducing the breath taking Prada Entomology Bag, designed by Miuccia Prada and Damien Hirst
Described as one of the most stunning and rare pieces to date, Handbag Clinic are giving you the chance to own a piece of history.
It's Competition Time! To celebrate National Handbag Day, we're giving away a Mulberry Handbag
Handbags come in many shapes and sizes. They are available in every imaginable colour and designs from snake skin and animal prints to calf skin and rhinestones. There truly is something for every taste and style. We love to celebrate everything handbag related and with National Handbag Day approaching were all a buzz!